Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Elect...

Now as many of you that really know me, know I'm not into politics. I have my opinions, like everyone else, but I choose not to express them. I do not vote. You will never hear me complain about the government or really get into a political disscussion because I don't vote, I think its hypocritical to do so. With that being said, and understanding that this blog is not about politics, I want to focus my attention on the Lord Jesus.

The election has stired my mind up. I thought to myself what does election really mean? It means chosen or calling. I also know that the Bible says that God calls us his elect. Which means; chosen, chosen one, favorite. We are the Elect of God! Chosen to go out into the world and fight for the Kingdom! We are the ones that have been elected to go to Heaven. Not by popular vote, there is no electorial college in the Kingdom of God. Its not because we are strong, not because we are many, but we are the fewest. He chose us because He loves us, and made a promise that he must keep. (Deu 7:6-8)

In the election this year, the winner has not yet been decided, people will say this one is ahead, and while others say the other is ahead. But in the election that we have been called to, the winner has already been decided! Several canidates have famous people that back them through the primaries in order to get other people to vote for em. A good example is Chuck Norris, who backed Huckabee back in the primaries. Let me tell you this, the elect of God, Have his backing. And when God votes for you, you win! If God be for us, Who can be against us? What or Whom shall I fear with God holding me, Standing by me, fighting for me?

We do have battles to fight just like the canidates now have. They go to different states and try to win voters to their cause. We too, go through different states and have to win in them. Forget about Red states and Blue states, We go through Good states where the blessings of God is self evident and we go through states where we are like Job, saying I look to the right, and see the work of God, but I didn't find him, I look to the left and the same is true. We go through states of growth, states of plenty, states of hard times. We do have an enemy in everyone of those states, but again we don't have to be the most popular to win, we just have to endure. States are sometimes easy, sometimes hard, but we have to be content, and endure, no matter what state it is. (Phi 4:11).

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."
~1st Peter 2:9-10

So whether you vote or not, whether democrate or republican, I pray God blesses you. I know no matter who wins, The will of God will be done, the Elect will make it. Because for the elects sake he is going to shorten the days. So I have only one thing left to say: Come quickly Lord Jesus! (Rev. 22:20)

God Bless y'all! I love y'all!

~Jerald

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Once again great thoughts! Who knew you could take something as corrupt as the elction and make a spiritual applications. One of the many reasons I think you are so stinkin awesome!

TEAM Ministry said...

Thanks for sharing! Really good thought and I really enjoyed it.

God Bless

Yvonne said...

Suuuuuurrrrrreeeee Ya follow Tim's blog and you follow Jareds blog but you don't follow mine????? I'm hurt!! LOL not really.